Thursday, November 15, 2012

Week 3 EOC: My Demographics

I was one of the 83 million people to be born in between 1977-2000, based on this I would be defined as a Millennial. A person who embraces the technology of today and seeks out information on companies that try to get our business. You can tell which people of the world were born in this time period, just look for a cell phone in one hand and some sort of mp3 player in the other. They are always on their phone, looking at their Facebook or Twitter. The Millennials are always craving technology, looking for the newest little gadget to hit the markets. I do love technology, but with the demographic groups of the Baby Boomers and Generation X, I can't help but I fit some of those characteristics as well. I was a latchkey kid, both my parents were working while I was in grade school and I would ride my bike home and stay home by myself til my parents got home. Also even though most of the time I stuff my face in my phone, computer or video games, I'm always looking for new experiences to help me grow as a person. You can't get world wide experience just sitting behind a screen, you have to get out there and do stuff. I like to think that me being a part of the Millennials Demographic helps me understand the past generations a little better, using the technology of today to better my experiences in the world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment