Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Week 1 EOC: Great Customer Service

The workers of K&K Bowling Company have always demonstrated good customer service. I haven't always gone to them for my bowling needs, but when the occasion rose up, it was my turn to become one of their newest lifetime customers."Marketing is managing profitable customer relationships. The twofold goal of marketing is to attract new customers by promising superior value and to keep and grow current customers by delivering satisfaction." (Marketing: An Introduction for Education Management Corporation, page 5) As a potential customer walking into one of their store locations, seeing some familiar faces from the different bowling alleys. I noticed that they were a very tight knit company, based on family and really close friends. I walked up to one of their employees named Joel, he politely asked me what I needed today and I explained my situation of me having wrist problems while bowling. He then immediately started asking me questions, like where I usually go for my bowling needs and who drills up all my bowling balls. He told me the reasons for the problem as he was measuring my hand and span, then he instantly said that my span was wrong and it was off by an 8th of an inch, which makes a huge difference, but I had no idea at the time. My knowledge of work in the pro shop was very minimal. He was very knowledgeable about bowling and made sure he took the time to explain everything clearly. He made a connection with me and it was a very strong one. It's thanks to him on my very first visit to K&K that I am now a lifetime customer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment